Very Important Information
Please make sure that you have at least TWO EMPTY PAGES in your passport before travelling to South Africa. If not you MAY BE TURNED AWAY.
If you are subject to visa requirements, you must apply and receive your visa BEFORE your departure for South Africa. Visas are NOT issued at South African ports of entry and you arrive without a visa, immigration officials will refuse you entry to South Africa.
Important Notice About the Visa Guide
The information provided here is to be used as a guide only. Please consult with the relevant embassy or your travel agency before you travel. We cannot take any responsibility whatsoever for the use of this information.
This information is based on the following assumptions:
- This is for non-South African passport holders only
- The requirements are based on tourist and not business applications
- You have the necessary funds/ tickets/ paperwork
- The applicant's passport should remain valid for a period of 6 months after the applicant's departure from South Africa.
Visa requirements for entering South Africa
You will need the following:
- A valid visa, if required.
- Sufficient funds.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates are required if the journey starts or entails passing through the yellow fever belt of Africa or South America.
Foreigners who do not need a visa
For stays up to 90 days
If you are a passport holder of the following countries/areas you do not need a visa for stays of LESS THAN 90 days:
- African Union / Unity Laissez Passer
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- St Vincent & the Grenadines
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
For stays up to 30 days
If you are a passport holder of the following countries/areas you do not need a visa for stays of LESS THAN 30 days:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Cape Verde
- Costa Rica
- Hong Kong
- Slovak Republic
- South Korea
If you need additional information please see the South African Home Affairs
website for information on South African visa requirements.